Heavy Rigid HR Licence

July 5, 2021
Category: Driver education

What is a Heavy Rigid HR Licence?

According to Transport for NSW, Heavy Rigid vehicles include trucks and buses with a GVM more than eight tonnes, and three or more axles; any towed trailer must not weigh more than nine tonnes GVM, and bendy buses. Even though these vehicles are articulated, they’re treated as rigid vehicles.


According to Transport for NSW, to apply for an HR licence, you must have held a class C licence, (except a learner licence) or equivalent for two years or more. Any time you’ve spent on a P1 licence counts, but you can’t practice to drive an HR vehicle, or upgrade to an HR licence until you hold a P2 or full class C licence; pass the HR knowledge test; pass an eyesight test; and successfully complete HVCBA, or pass a Roads and Maritime driving test.

Employment opportunities

There are a wide variety of driver jobs that require a Heavy Rigid Licence. From general palletised freight to concrete supply and waste management the list of opportunities is significant. Applicant have the option to be licensed for automatic/synchromesh, or constant mesh manual.

How to get a Heavy Rigid HR Licence

Contact the friendly team at Verifico and we provide a Heavy Rigid training course and assessment in one of our modern vehicles. Learn why we have been trusted by over 10000 student to get a truck licence. Call today 1300521289.

Who is Verifico?

Driver Solutions Pty Ltd trading as Verifico is recognised by Transport for NSW under the Heavy Vehicle Competency Based Assessment (HVCBA) Program as a provider of heavy vehicle training and assessments for drivers wishing to obtain heavy vehicle driver licences.

Contact us


Like us